Nestled in the heart of the Everglades on the Big Cypress Seminole Indian Reservation, the Ah-Tah-Thi-Ki Museum is home to more than 30,000 unique artifacts, archival items and experiences. Here, one can learn about the Seminole people and their rich cultural and historical ties to the Southeast and Florida, as they have made Big Cypress their home for more thousands of years.
Traveling across the Everglades to the Ah-Tah-Thi-Ki Museum, one is immersed in natural beauty that delights with some of the best examples of flora and fauna. On arrival, a dynamic orientation film provides the historical and cultural backdrop for a visit in the galleries, which showcase rare artifacts and life-sized depictions of traditional Seminole practices in 1890s Florida. In addition to the permanent galleries, the Museum features rotating exhibit spaces that build on relevant topics, featuring a cross section of the thousands of items belonging to the Seminole Tribe of Florida.
Beyond the interior galleries lies a mile-long boardwalk through a natural cypress dome, leading to a Living Village wherein Seminole artisans create and sell the beadwork, basketry, wood carvings and patchwork for which they are world renowned. Visitors can also learn about indigenous plants and their traditional uses.
Built in 1997, the Ah-Tah-Thi-Ki Seminole Indian Museum is a center for educational and entertainment programs throughout the year including the annual American Indian Arts Celebration (AIAC) in November, rated one of the top 20 events in the Southeast.
We are located just over one hour from the Fort Lauderdale and Naples areas. The drive to Ah-Tah-Thi-Ki is fantastic! One can spot alligators, cattle, cattle egrets, turtles, cara cara, Ibis and various other exotic and wild species. Impress our tour guides and staff with your knowledge of what creatures make the Everglades their home, and be sure to share with us what you saw along the way!
Let the adventure begin.... come see us TODAY!
HOW TO REACH
A. FROM CLEWISTON/MOORE HAVEN AREAS (40 min)
• Take SR-80 to the intersection of SR-80 and US-27 • Continue on SR-80 to LaBelle/Ft. Myers
• Make a left onto CR-833 (Big Cypress Reservation) • Follow CR-833 for approximately 29 miles until you
reach the Big Cypress Reservation (Please note, there will be two sharp turns on CR-833, but do not get off
the highway. Just follow until you cross the Reservation line)
• CR833 becomes N. Boundary Road as you enter the Reservation
• Approximately 3 miles after the Reservation line is the intersection of W. Boundary Road and Josie Billie Highway
• The Museum is located at this intersection
• Take a sharp right and the Museum parking lot is on
the right, opposite the main entrance to Museum
B. FROM WEST COAST (Naples 1hr :15 min)
• Take I-75 South – Toll Road
• Take Exit 49/Snake Road – Big
Cypress Indian Reservation
• Take Snake Road North approx.
17 miles into the Reservation • Snake Road becomes “Josie
Billie Highway” as you enter the
• Approximately 1 mile past the
water tower, Josie Billie Highway intersects with W. Boundary Road
• The Museum is on the left at the corner of W. Boundary Road and Josie Billie Highway
• Museum parking is on the right, opposite the main entrance to Museum
C. FROM EAST COAST (Fort Lauderdale 1hr : 15min)
ake I-595 West
• Merge onto I-75 North (toward Naples)
• Take I-75 North - Toll Road
• Take Exit 49/Snake Road – Big Cypress Indian Reservation
• Take Snake Road North approx. 17 miles into the Reservation
• Snake Road becomes “Josie Billie Highway” as you enter the community
• Approximately 1 mile past the
water tower, Josie Billie Highway
intersects with W. Boundary Road • The Museum is on the left at the
corner of W. Boundary Road and
Josie Billie Highway
• Museum parking is on the right,
opposite the main entrance to Museum
For more information about how to get there, please visit their official website.
General Admission: 18-54: $10.00
Senior: 55+: $7.50
Students: 5-17 (or w/ college ID): $7.50
Military, Police, Firefighter (w/ ID): $7.50
Family Package: 2 adults and up to 4 children age 5-17: $30.00
Children: 4 and under: Free
Seminole Tribal Member: Free
Other Tribe w/ID: Free
34725 West Boundary Road