The red-brickwork building which houses at present the Art Academy of Latvia was designed in Neo-Gothic style by architect Wilhelm Bokcslaff, commissioned by the Riga Stock Exchange Committee to house the Commerce School.
Its construction began at the end of the 19th century and opened in 1905. From 1915, when this school left the building, it was used by the Riga City German Gymnasium and, afterward, by the private school of commerce founded by Vilis Olavs. On October 7th, 1940 the edifice became home to the Art Academy of Latvia, which remains there to this day.
Architect: Wilhelm Bokcslaff
Project date: end of the 19th century
Kalpaka bulvāris 13, Centra rajons