Kallina House, located on the corner of Gundulićeva and Masarykova streets in Zagreb, was designed in 1903 by the architect Bastl, commissioned by the industrialist and a ceramic factory owner Josip Kallina.
The three-story residential and commercial edifice is described as one of the most prominent examples of the way in which Secessionist architecture attempted to redesign urban housing at the same time it broke with traditional aesthetics. With an eye-catching curving façade coated by tiles showing decorative details as a series of floral and geometric patterns, the building is listed in the Croatian Ministry of Culture's Protected Cultural Heritage Registry since January 2004.
Architect: Vjekoslav Bastl
Project date: 1903