Designed by the Russian architect Mikhail Eisenstein and built in 1906 in modernist style, the building is characterized by a false floor that not only allows the entry of more natural daylight but also provides an additional space in the façade to place decorative elements.
In this respect, above the main entrance, there are two female sculptures holding torches, symbolizing purification and the strength of fire. From 1916 to the 1930s, the property belonged to a Latvian landlady named Lube. From 1997, it is included in the UNESCO World Heritage List as a part of the Historic Centre of Riga. At present, it is a private apartment building.
Architect: Mikhail Eisenstein
Project date: 1906
Alberta iela 2A, Centra rajons