Poppović House, located on the main city square, was designed by Croatian architect Aladar Baranyai, commissioned by merchant Feodor Poppović.
The ground floor and the mezzanine were intended for trade and commerce activities while the upper floors were reserved for housing. The first alteration of the building took place in 1915, when most of the original decoration was removed. During the following decades, especially from 1932 to 1940, were carried out reconstructions and adaptations works of the ground-floor shops, according to the project of architect Franjo Gabrić. Likewise, as time went by, the colour of the façade changed from white to terracotta tones. Although the original white was recovered, during the last restoration, carried out from 2009, it was changed again by the terracotta colour in which was a questionable intervention.
Architect: Aladar Baranyai
Project date: 1906
Governor Josip Jelačić square 4