Louhisaari Manor is a rare example of Finnish late-Renaissance palatial architecture dated from 1655. It was owned by Fleming's family until 1795, when the residence was sold to the Mannerheim family.
The ground floor of the building was occupied by facilities such as a kitchen or a children nursery and the entrance hall, decorated in 17th century style. The middle floor, where the living quarters were, was modernized during the following centuries, reflecting the interior-decoration styles of each time. Outside, thecastle is surrounded by an English style garden. The main building of Louhisaari Manor was opened to the public on June 1st, 1967. At present, it can be visited from May to August.
Project date: 1655
Open from May 15th to August 31st.
Adults 9 €
Reduced ticket 6 € (students, pensioners, unemployed, conscripts and groups more than 10 persons)
Children 7-17 years 3 €
Family ticket (2 adults and 1-4 children) 20 €
Free entry for children under 7
Guided tours for groups:
Guided tour, around 40 minutes 30 € + entry fee 6 € per person
Guided tour outside opening hours, 60 € + entry fee 6 € per person
Admission to the museum only on guided tours.
Guided tours for groups must be booked in advance.