The Conservatory of Flowers is a Victorian wood-and-glass greenhouse in Golden Gate Park, filled with rare and unusual species of tropical plants and flowers. Our mission is to connect people and plants in a place of exceptional beauty.
The Conservatory of Flowers has captivated guests for more than a century. This gem of Victorian architecture has a long and storied history and is the oldest public wood-and-glass conservatory in North America. As a city, state, and national historic landmark, the Conservatory remains one of the most photographed and beloved attractions in San Francisco.
Whether you’re a native San Franciscan, a visitor from another side of the world, or a classroom of budding botanists, the Conservatory of Flowers offers an intimate up-close experience with rare and unusual plants unlike any other!
The Conservatory of Flowers is wheelchair accessible for both motorized and non-motorized chairs.
HOW TO REACH
• The streets which surround the Conservatory, John F. Kennedy Drive (south) and Conservatory Drive (north, west, and east), are currently closed to cars. Limited parking is available within walking distance at Nancy Pelosi Drive and Bowling Green Drive.
• The Conservatory of Flowers is accessible via the FREE Golden Gate Park shuttle bus. Please visit this website for more information:
• The Music Concourse Garage, which may be accessed from the Fulton Street and 10th Avenue entrance, is a 10-minute walk from the Conservatory.
• SF Muni serves the Conservatory via a number of convenient bus and metro lines, including the 5, 44, and N-Judah. The number 5 Muni bus stops closest to our location. Get off at the 8th Avenue & Fulton stop. After entering the park, make a left onto John F. Kennedy Drive and continue on to the Conservatory, which you will soon see on your left.
• There are two bicycle racks at the Conservatory: one in the Dahlia Garden on the east side of the building, and one near the restrooms on Conservatory Drive West
$10 – Adults. Tuesday, Wednesday & Thursday
$12 - Adults, Friday, Saturday & Sunday
$7 – Youth Ages 12-17
$7 – College Students with ID
$7 – Seniors 65 and over
$3 – Children ages 5-11
Free – Children 4 and under
San Francisco Resident with ID
$7 – Adults
$4 – Youth Ages 12-17
$4 – Seniors 65 and Over
$2 – Children Ages 5-11
Free – Children 4 and under
Free Every First Tuesday!
The Conservatory is free to all visitors on the first Tuesday of every month. Groups are not permitted on free days.
The Conservatory is OPEN on Memorial Day, Labor Day and Independence Day.
The Conservatory is CLOSED on Thanksgiving, December 25, and January 1, and closes at 2 p.m. on December 24 (Last ticket sold at 1:30 p.m.).
Nov 23, 2023
Dec 25, 2023
Jan 1, 2024
John F Kennedy Dr
94118 San Francisco