National Museum of Science and Technology of Catalonia (MNACTEC)
The national museum dedicated to promoting an understanding of science and showcasing the evolution of technology and industrialisation in Catalonia, preserving industrial heritage, featuring technological and scientific advances and making them accessible to the general public, through the combined efforts of a range of museum and heritage institutions throughout the land.
The main site of the Museum of Science and Technology of Catalonia (MNACTEC) is housed in one of the most distinctive buildings of the Catalan modernist style, the Vapor Aymerich, Amat i Jover, a former textile mill designed by the architect Lluís Muncunill. Built between 1907 and 1908, the Vapor is one of the most beautiful modernist factories in Europe: make sure you before you leave you head up to the terrace to admire from on high the original Catalan vaulting built from flat bricks!
Accessibility: museum adapted for people with reduced mobility and portable magnetic loops avialable.
HOW TO REACH
The MNACTEC is located at the address Rambla d'Egara, 270, Terrassa. It can be reached by car and public transport (FGC and Renfe rail services). Combined tickets can be purchased, including entrance to the museum and rail travel on the FGC.
Standard entrance €6
Reduced entrance €4
• Over 65s
• Carnet Jove cardholders
• Students with international student card
• Holders of documentation for large or single-parent families
• Non-tourist groups of 10 people or more with a prior reservation. If the group or any o dits membres are entitled to free entrance they can continue to enjoy this discount
• People from 16 to 25
• Families (2 adults and one child or more)
• Under 16s
• Unemployed persons
• Members of ICOM (International Council of Museums) and ICOMOS (International Council of Monuments)
• Members of Associació de Museòlegs de Catalunya
• Professional tourist guides
• Certified teachers
• Journalists visiting in a professional capacity who have previously provided written notification of their visit.
• Disabled persons. Companions may enter free of charge providing the disabled person’s card states the need for a companion.
• Foster families
• AMCTAIC members
• First Sunday in each month
• Open day: St George's Day (23 April), International Museums Day (around 18 May), Modernist Fair of Terrassa (second weekend in May), Terrassa Local Fair (first Monday in July), National Day of Catalonia (11 September), European Heritage Days (October)
NOTE: In cases with free and/or discounted entrance the relevant accreditation must be provided.
Rates approved by the Administration Board of the Catalan Agency for Cultural Heritage.
Combined tickets with Ferrocarrils de la Generalitat railways
Sale at FGC railways stations.
• Club Vanguardia
• TR3SC Members
• Ara Subscription holders
• Club El Nacional
• Club XATIC
Sat 10:00-14:30 15:30-19:30
Sat 10:00-14:30 15:30-19:30
Dec 25, 2023
Dec 26, 2023
Jan 6, 2024
Rambla d'Ègara, 270