Grande Maisonde Blanc was built in between 1896 and 1897, designed by the architect Oscar François in an eclectic style and with an abundant Art Nouveau decoration by Privat-Livemont. Shortly after 1900, the architect Servais added two spans to the right wing of the building, following the work of François.
The building has had different uses throughout its history: a supermarket, a hotel, a snooker room, and a food gallery, among others. As a consequence, the façade and first floor were notably altered over the years,but a major renovation, subsidized by the Brussels-Capital Region and led by architect Barbara Van Der Wee from 2000 to 2007, restored its original splendorous external appearance. The building is listed at the Inventaire du Patrimoine Architectural de la Belgique since 1991.
Architect: Oscar François
Project date: ca. 1895.
Rue du Marché aux Poulets 32