The Museum of Applied Arts was built between 1893 and 1896 in Hungarian Art Nouveau style to plans by the architects Ödön Lechner and Gyula Pártos. The building has many decorative elements in its exterior, with a large tiled dome and bichrome gabled roof, as well as in its interior, where are blended several architectural styles.
It was inaugurated on October 25th, 1896 and, subsequently, the museum collections were moved to their current location. In September 2017, the building closed its doors to start renovation and expansion works. It is expected to reopen in 2022.
Architects: Ödön Lechner and Gyula Pártos
Project date: 1893
Full price ticket: 2 000 HUF
Reduced ticket*: 1 000 HUF
Family ticket*: 4 000 HUF
Ticket combined with a city tour*: 1 200 HUF
*Reduced ticket: for visitors between 6 and 26 years and between 62 and 70 years
*Family ticket: 2/1 adult(s) + 1 or more child/children under the age of 18
*Supplementary ticket for guided tours: ticket for a guided city tour and for a visit of the ground floor of Ráth Villa
Üllői út 33-37