The Gellért Thermal Bath complex, which takes its name from the Budapest Gellért Hill, was built between 1912 and 1918 in the Secession Art Nouveau style. It was bombed during World War II, when the original Zsolnay pyrogranite façade was destroyed as well as the interior of the building.
In the post-war period, the baths were rebuilt again, but in a more modest manner due to the country economic condition. In 2008, the complex underwent an extensive renovation with the main aim to restore its original splendorous state. At present, the complex is owned and operated by the City of
Budapest and includes thermal baths, saunas, wells, an outdoor pool and a sparkling pool. Directly connected with the baths, can be found the homonymous hotel.
Project date: ca. 1910
Kelenhegyi út 4