The station building, designed by the architect H.G.J. Schelling, was inaugurated in 1926. With a total predominance of straight lines, its style of construction is framed in the so-called cubist expressionism. Schelling was inspired for his design mainly in the work of the American Frank Lloyd Wright.
In the main room there are stained glass windows designed by the artist of The Hague Pieter A.H. Hofman that were donated to the Dutch Railways by the General Travelers Association in 1947. The station building is a provincial monument.