The Krisper House was built at the beginning of the 20th century on Miklošič square as the first in a series of post-earthquake construction in Ljubljana.
It was designed by the architect Maks Fabiani, on commission from the lawyer and town councilor Valentin Krisper, and became a model and guideline for the future nearby constructions. Its design, with a pronounced cylindrical turret on the corner, demonstrates the significant position of the building on the square. Its ornate façade with stylised floral motifs is a quality example of the influence of the Vienna Art Nouveau aesthetics. The building, private property, is not open to tourists.
Project date: 1900
Miklošič road 20